Friday, March 24, 2006

"There Is No Spoon"

I love believing in an ultra-alternative theory about human existence and their real purpose of being. That’s why The Matrix really works for me. Watching it for the first time whilst living in Japan was a cool experience that warped my already mysterious surroundings, where I’d roam the busy little streets, a quiet and anonymous figure, and ask, “Do you think that’s Zarusoba you’re eating?”…”Do you think that wall is really there?”

These questions joined the queue of other stirring questions I’d had since I was a child, and try as I did over the past 20 years to get others to empathise with me on ‘why my mind is my mind and every morning I wake up I’m still me, and I have no choice but to be me, and have to live this same life everyday within this same body’, it was merely silenced by weird looks and shrugs. This is not to say I don’t want to be me, cos’ I kinda like it most of the time, but it’s the why question, and more curiously, why not. The Matrix was my first taste of empathy, though answers and my theories were never going to be any closer to materialising. I will choose to ignore the ghetto street clubbing scene that resemble a HipHop MTV in the Reloaded sequel, but it’s the theory and their relentless fight against the matrix that inspires me to not quit my search.

At this moment you must be thinking, Right. They should really consider revising the movie viewers’ code to 'Not Suitable for Schizophrenics'.

Just my thoughts, hey.
p.s. Watched it again last night, and it was so cool! And here I go again *looking suspiciously around me*:Do you think the laptop in front of you is real?”, “Do you think…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home