Friday, July 28, 2006

The Feeling of Defeat

OK. So I spoke too soon yesterday.

Half an hour into the office today, a Friday - the last day of the work week and supposedly the next happiest day to Saturday, I sat slumped at my desk enveloped by a feeling of defeat.

That was just it. The feeling of defeat, even though I wasn't sure what or who had defeated me. It was as if i'd lost my will...to work. The momentum I had fell and landed with a loud thud. The week had finally caught up with me. The late departures from work and later nights to bed. The marathons between emails and phonecalls and meetings and briefings.

Still, though sick leave was just a thought away, I met a supplier, sat in for a food tasting session that turned out to be my lunch, took the photographer on a site tour, and finally finished up at a decent time of half 5. All the while still carrying with me this sense of hopelessless, physical weakness, and a 5-second lagtime behind the normal speed of the rest of the world.

Going to bed now. Here's to a better first best day of the week tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home